Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Nagato City, Yamaguchi

On Saturday, I took the train north through the prefecture and ended up on the other coast - in Nagato City (which touches the Sea of Japan). Nagato is a very big, very rural, very spread out city. It's really pretty. I went with Meng and we were in search of 1 shrine in particular. It's a "fertility" shrine that we had heard about. I won't post pictures on here of the shrine itself... but if you want to see them, then ask and I might email them to you or something. When we got to Nagato station, we randomly ran into another JET who lives up around that area. He's actually from Indiana, too. Anyway, he came along and it was a nice afternoon. Here are some non-shrine pictures that show just how rural Nagato is. I really liked the peace and quiet.

No comments: