Thursday, June 11, 2009

June?!?!?!?

Haven't updated this thing in awhile...

Things have been pretty good lately. Last weekend was fun. Friday night, I went over to a co-worker's apartment and hung out with some of the other younger teachers. There are these 3 female teachers who came in April and they've been really great! They talk to me at work and now it seems like we're hanging out outside of work. One of them invited a few other teachers over for food and drinks. I think it was one of the best times I've had in Ube - for sure. Saturday, I went to Hiroshima with Meng to see the Carps play Fukuoka in their brand new stadium. I think this was the worst baseball game I've ever seen in my entire life! By the second inning, the Carps were down 6-0... !!!!! Yeah... by the fifth inning it was 11-1... so we decided to leave. Made it back to Ube in time for some bowling and karaoke, though! It was a lot of fun! A couple of us stayed and did karaoke until 5am!

I just got home from the teacher softball game tonight and it was really fun! My base school (Ube Nishi) played a game for fun against Ube Chuo. I got there late because the teacher giving me a ride was late... but I still managed to bat AND I actually got a base hit! Yeah! Way to not embarass myself! I really miss playing softball now. Hopefully when I get back to the US I can find a team to play on for fun... hmmm... yeah, that'd be fun!

No comments: