Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Attached.

Sooooo... I've become a lot more attached to this experience than I think I ever would have imagined even just a few months ago. Students and co-workers have REALLY warmed up to me and it's a really nice feeling. I can't go anywhere around town without running into a handful of students from 1 of my 3 schools... and they always get excited, yell my name, smile, and say hello to me. Whenever a new teacher finds out that I'll be leaving at the end of July - their reaction is sad... which then makes me sad, too. One of the other English teachers at the commerical school was telling the teacher who I team-teach with about how at the end of one of her classes she overheard students talking about how happy and excited they were because it was their turn to have class with me that week. Not gonna lie, that made me REALLY happy when I heard that. I must be doing something right. I've also noticed that many of the teachers (particularly at my base school) are talking to me a lot more lately... because let's face it - they pretty much never talked to me before Christmas. Ever since a new wave of teachers came in at the end of March, things have been especially great. I sit around 3 really young teachers. Between the 4 of us, I think we cover the age range of 23-26... or something close to that. This is the first exam period that I've actually found bareable... because in the past, exam week meant sit at my desk and don't get talked to for pretty much a week straight. This week though, it's been really nice because people feel comfortable talking to me now. It's going to be so sad when it's time to say goodbye. Only 2 more months left. Where has the time gone?

No comments: