Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Wet Bicycle Seats & Chest X-Rays

Yesterday, it rained hard core all day... and all night... It was like there was a typhoon or something. Really windy. This morning I went to ride my bike and even made sure the seat was dry before getting on. When I got to work I realized that somehow the back of my pants were soaking wet. I'm pretty sure the seat on my new bike is like a sponge. It just soaks up all the water. Wiping it off won't help. I had to wear my long (bright red) jacket around all day to cover up my butt because of the wet mark. My pants FINALLY dried by the end of the day, but then I got back on my bike to go home and it was STILL wet. Not visibly. But once I sat down it was like sitting on a wet sponge. Not cool.

I was teaching today during 1st period and about 20 minutes into it a teacher comes in, interrupts, and says that it's time for the entire class to go down to the nurse's office to get a chest x-ray. What the heck?!?! I guess they do it once a year. My supervisor explained to me that the school is very concerned about all of the students' health. I think taking a chest x-ray once a year is a little extreme. They're looking for tuberculosis. But still. I think they had a few other medical checks. I just went back to the staff room because their physical checks took the rest of the time. Weird.

No comments: