Saturday, January 31, 2009

The land of coffee slurpers & phlegm hackers

Sometimes things just seem really backwards here...

Unacceptable and Impolite:
- blowing your nose in public
- walking and eating and/or drinking
- the noise made when your pee hits the water in the toilet... you should either use the button that creates the noise of a toilet flushing to cover up the noise... or just keep flushing the toilet until you are finished peeing.

Acceptable and Normal:
- sniffling profusely because it is rude to blow your nose
- slurping ... this includes noodles, coffee, and tea
- clearing phlegm from your throat by hacking loogies in public... this includes the sink in the staff room.



I don't think I'll EVER get used to the coffee slurping and the hacking up phlegm... so annoying and so gross. It just so happens that 4 days out of the week I sit directly next to coffee slurpers and 1 day out of the week I sit dangerously close to the sink in the staff room.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No way I'd be able to tolerate that!! (mom)

Barb Belsito said...

haha, I know. Everybody sniffling would drive you crazy!