Friday, December 19, 2008

Take My Camera to Work Day - Part 3: 宇部西高校

Today is Friday! which means I was at 宇部西高校 - Ube West High School. This school was traditionally an agriculture school... and now it pretty much still is because they offer a lot of agricultural classes... however, I don't think it is "technically" an "official" agriculture school.... But it basically is. Anyway, this is my base school and I teach here every Monday, Tuesday, and Friday.

Ube Nishi is at the top of a winding hill in the middle of nowhere. Riding my bike there and back (20 minutes one way) keeps me in shape : ) All the students walk their bikes up this final leg of the journey... and so do I. I rode my bike to the top without stopping ONCE... and it was quite an accomplishment.


Hayashi Sensei - my supervisor. That's my desk on the left!
(the one with the winter coat on the chair... it's mine!)


I was teaching them about Rudolph. The picture on the right is what I see from my perspective. They were supposed to pretend to be working... but the girls in the back couldn't resist the peace sign for a picture, haha.



Out of the 3 schools I teach at and the numerous classes I teach, this one is by far my favorite : ) It's a 1st year oral communication class. I really enjoy the students in this class.


At the bottom of the winding hill that leads up to the school is this Sake House. haha. And here's a picture I took of the sunset on my ride home from work today. It's crooked, I know.

No comments: