Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Local News!

I completely forgot to mention some local news! Last Wednesday there was a shooting in Ube! Big news here. As of last week they still hadn't caught the shooter. It happened during the day at a Pachinko Parlor. The guy who got shot was a member of the yakuza (Japanese mafia)... so they suspect it was a yakuza-related incident. I was a little surprised... simply because most of the violence that happens in Japan involves knives and cutting rather than guns.

Anyway...

I'm friends with the home economics teacher at my commercial high school. Friends as in she talks to me during the day. Anyway, she gave me one of these cake thingys today that the students made. Being friends with the home economics teacher has its perks : )

I will finish this post with a picture of a squat toilet. I'd say 98% of the public toilets in Japan are squat toilets. Every now and then you'll come across a western style toilet. Only 1 of my schools has a western style toilet option in the teacher's women's restroom - and it is the fancy heated toilet seat kind! So if you plan on coming to Japan (ladies), practice squatting!...

No comments: